Sports massage is designed to prevent and heal injuries to muscles and...read more
HOT STONE MASSAGE
Hot stone massage uses smooth, heated stones, maneuvered over the body...read more
Reiki is a holistic energy based modality. It encourages positive ener...read more
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep tissue massage focuses on realigning deep layers of muscles and c...read more
Swedish massage works directly on muscle tissue to reduce adhesions an...read more
Therapeutic massage is an important part of your health and wellness plan. It can help you when you are injured, stressed, in chronic pain, or simply in need of a little relaxation & balance. Ongoing massage therapy can help you achieve a preventative approach to your health & well-being.
Today massage is thought of as a holistic therapy that complements medical treatment.
Physicians across Canada recommend therapeutic massage to help decrease pain, improve range of motion, improve mood, aid in the circulation of blood and lymph flow, reduce muscle and joint soreness and improve sleep.
Massage techniques most commonly include pressure and compression, kneading, friction and mobilizing to improve the health and condition of the muscles, tendons, skin, fascia or connective tissue of the body
Massage has many health benefits:
- Massage reduces or eliminates pain.
- Massage relieves stress, calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Relieves headaches & migraines.
- Improves flexibility & range of motion.
- Prevents and relieves muscles cramps and spasms.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Reduces depression, tension and anxiety.
- Improves rehabilitation after injury.
- Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis and, sciatica, and muscle spasms.